Pueblo is the HUB of Southern Colorado and is ideal for the construction industry:
- Strong transportation infrastructure.
- Low cost of land / buildings that are well suited for the manufacturing process.
- Full portfolio of utility services (Water, electric, sewer and gas).
- High school and local colleges have construction related programs.
- Workforce is well suited for construction industries.
- Competitive wages in the region compared with the state average.
- Pueblo has a long history in the production and manufacturing industry – hosting an established network of organizations that offer several benefits and resources to new and expanding companies.
- Supportive community with business first attitude.
Established companies include: GCC, Coronado Stone, Transit Mix Concrete, Evraz Steel Mill, Haddonstone, Vestas Wind Towers and Key Structures Prefabricated Homes.
“Off site manufacturing of construction components in a climate controlled, high tech facility is the future of construction. It is growing in popularity as a proven process to apply technology and efficiency to the industry.”
~Brian Bahr, President of Challenger Homes, Inc.
Bahr said that the company had looked at potential sites all along the front range as well as in other states. He credited the professionalism and expertise of PEDCO leaders and the city’s incentives as key factors for the company’s choice to move to Pueblo.