Pueblo is the birthplace of western US rail. Our history began with Evraz Steel Mill (Formerly Colorado Fuel and Iron), which produces 45% of all railroad track in North America.
The Pueblo region offers:
- Home of Federal Transportation Technology Center
- At the junction of BNSF/UP Railways
- Rail side real estate readily available
- A long history of steel production has produced an experienced and knowledgeable workforce in the rail industry.
- Pueblo Community College has much success with partnering with incoming businesses to offer customized education and training.
- Competitive wages in the region compared with the state average.
- Pueblo’s culture and heritage centers around rail production.We are home to an established network of organizations that offers several benefits and resources to new and expanding companies.
- Established Companies include: Rocla Concrete Ties, Chemetron Rail, LB Foster, EVRAZ Steel Mill
“It is our heritage, it’s in our body, in our blood, in our soul. The proposed project is absolutley spectacular, and I’m incredibly proud it’s in my backyard.”
~ Terry Hart, Pueblo County Commissioner on the $450 million proposed EVRAZ Steel Mill Expansion.
Get rolling in Pueblo: 719-544-2000